There are different ways to jailbreak an iPhone however, the most recent method through JailbreakMe 2.0 is getting really popular as it can jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G running iOS 4.0.1, 4.0 firmware. Let’s see how to jailbreak iPhone 3GS (New BootRom, old), iPhone 3G iOS 4.0.1/ 4 by using JailbreakMe 2.0
JailbreakMe 2.0 is developed by hacker Comex who introduced web-based jailbreak for Apple devices like iPhones, iPod Touches iOS 4.0.1 / 4.0 / 3.1.3 / 3.1.2 and iPad running iOS 3.2.1 / 3.2.
There are two points which are noticeable.
- The ability of JailBreakMe 2.0 to jailbreak iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.0.1, 4.0, 3.1.3 and 3.1.2, not any other versions of iOS.
- To run the application, activation of iPhone is required.
So, let’s get started on jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, 3G on iOS 4.0.1 / 4 firmware with JailbreakMe.
Disclaimer: The method we are going to describe is for your information and guiding you. We do not take responsibility if anything goes wrong while you jailbreak your device.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS, 3G iOS 4.0.1 / 4 with JailbreakMe
- Download and install the latest iTunes 9.2.1.
- Backup all your data
- Restore the official firmware
- Remember, your iPhone should be connected to the internet.
- Open the Safari Browser from your iPhone 4 Springboard.
- Give one of the following URLs:
Now slide to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.0.1 or 4.0 firmware.
- Next it will download the jailbreak data
- then the jailbreak procedure will start
Once the procedure is finalized, you will see the following message:
Click on the OK button and close Safari.
Congratulations, jailbreak iPhone 3GS/ 3G is done through JailbreakMe. We would appreciate your experience and comments on this jailbreak.